Shipborne Atmospheric Extinction Lidar (SAEL)
The Navy has sponsored the development and testing of a highly compact elastic backscatter lidar.
It is designed to measure range-resolved extinction as a function of azimuth and elevation. An Engineering Prototype has been successfully deployed to 4 Navy sponsored demonstrations and has achieved high availability.
• Field deployable
• Measures range-resolved extinction (to 10 km)
• High temporal (6 s) and spatial (7 m) resolution
- Lower power, high repetition rate laser transmitter
- Eye safe at aperture (Class 1M)
- Thermally stable optical train
Benefit to Customer
- Supports testing and operation of laser weapon systems
- Provides environmental situational awareness and weapon effectiveness range