In-line Optical Redox Probe
Real-time cell metabolism monitoring
Enables real-time measurement of metabolism at the single cell level during biopharmaceutical processing bioreactor operations
The PSI optical redox probe is based on real-time measurement of endogenous fluorophore concentrations that inform cellular-level redox metabolism. The innovative optical approach enables measurement of individual cells in agitated bioprocess cell cultures, based on cytometry-like data. The cellular level assessment of metabolism provides an information-rich data stream that rapidly informs engineers of the process status enabling timely guidance for adjustments for improved productivity.
- Real-time, in-line metabolism measurement
- Label-free measurement
- Information-rich data stream
- Enables real-time process feedback and control
- Temporal resolution: < 0.2 ms
- Spatial resolution: <1.5 um
- Sampling rate: > 1 measurement/minute
Benefit to Customer
Enables real-time, in-line assessment and control of the bioreactor process for improved production of biopharmaceutical drugs.