Broadband Infrared Illuminator & Hyperspectral Imager
Hyperspectral and spatially resolved IR transmittance measurements
PSI has developed a system capable of simultaneously measuring missile / rocket plume spectral radiance and transmittance.
PSI’s Missile Plume Transmittance measurement system projects broadband, high-intensity infrared light beams through a missile plume. A hyperspectral imager is set up opposite the infrared light source to collect spectrally resolved images of the plume. The transmittance, or opacity of the plume, is calculated by comparing images of the plume with the light source off and on.
- Spectral Range: 3-5 um
- Measurement Standoff Range: 10 m
- IFOV/Pixel Dimension: ≤ 0.5 mrad / ≤ 5 mm
- Focal Plane Array Size: 640 × 512 pixels
- Spectral resolution: 18 cm-1
- Point Transmitter Diameter: 0.4 cm
- Minimum Transmission: 1%
- Data Rate: 20-80 wavelengths/s
- Run Time Buffer: 20 s
Benefit to Customer