TDLAS-based SMART Freeze Dryer
Tunable Diode Laser Absorption Spectroscopy (TDLAS)
Assessing Pharmaceutical Freeze-Drying Process Heterogeneity
PSI is developing a single pharmaceutical vial TDLAS water vapor mass flow monitor which provides real-time measurements of water vapor concentration and flow velocity emanating from the head space of a vial with product undergoing ice sublimation. These measurements enable determination of the water vapor mass flow rate to assess vial location specific intra-batch drying heterogeneity.
- [H2O] measurements (molecules cm-3)
- Flow velocity measurements (m/s)
- Calculated dm/dt (g/s) determinations
- dm/dt linkage to lyophilization heat and mass transfer model
- Time division multiplexed measurements of up to eight vials
- Continuous measurements throughout primary drying
- Assessment of drying heterogeneity during pharmaceutical lyophilization
Benefit to Customer
Efficient cycle development within a single experiment by scientist with limited lyophilization expertise.
Research and Developement