Handheld Seawater Optical Attenuation Meter (K-meter)
Dual Channel 532 nm LIDAR Measurements
Handheld K Meter
Non-contact measurement of seawater optical properties for guiding Navy mine-hunting operations
PSI has developed and field tested a handheld, non-contact, LIDAR-based instrument for measuring seawater optical properties to guide the application of U.S. Navy mine-hunting assets.
- Dual channel 532 nm LIDAR
- Measures beam attenuation coefficient, c(532) and diffuse attenuation coefficient, Kd(532)
- Enables calculation of seawater absorbance, a(532) and scattering, b(532) coefficients
- Simple to used handheld operation requiring minimal training
- Rapid measurements with minimal sailor effort
- Point-and-shoot over the side of the boat
Benefit to Customer
Easy to use point-and-shoot measurements of water optical quality to guide application of Navy optical mine hunting assets.