Baseline C/SiC CMCs with service temps up to 3000°F
PSC-10 is PSI’s baseline C/SiC CMC. We begin with aerospace-grade carbon fiber pre-preg that is laminated and cured in-house to fabricate our CMC components. The cured organic preforms are then burned out and ceramatized to form the SiC matrix. These C/SiC composites have service temperatures up to 3000°F. The PSC-10 system is compatible with the UHT-21 system and can be produced in multiple product forms including our pre-preg braiding, direct z-pin insertion, and as flexible TPS sheets.
- Carbon fiber-reinforced SiC Matrix Composite
- Service temperatures up to 3000°F
- Tensile Strengths of 35 KSI (for quasi-isotropic ± 45° Layups)
- Compatible with UHT-21 as a Hybrid System, as well as production via Pre-preg Braiding, Z-pinning, and as a Flexible TPS.
- Production of PSC-10 components in PSI’s Wilmington facilities can have fabrication timelines as short as 8 weeks from start to finish.