Physical Sciences Inc., an employee-owned company located north of Boston in Andover, MA, seeks a PhD or equivalent level Optical Systems Specialist. This individual will work across multiple business areas to develop instrumentation and engineering solutions for applications-driven specifications. Current program development efforts include structured illumination systems, metasurface optics for imaging systems, and novel spectrometer system architecture.
The candidate will support technical development and program management for new optical technologies and products. PSI values individuals with a strong desire to pursue novel research initiatives while also supporting existing R&D. The following technical skills are desired:
• Understanding of imaging and nonimaging system performance metrics
• Instrumentation development for optically-based chemical analysis
• Optical system design, simulation, fabrication and usage,
• Integration of free-space optics with photonic integrated circuits and fiber optics
• Specification of detectors and coherent and incoherent light sources
• Ability to interface optical systems with imaging algorithms and electronics
• Data processing and analysis
Program management responsibilities will include program reporting, sponsor and professional society presentations, and ideation, leading to independent proposal submission. Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
US Citizenship is required.
For a list of company benefits, visit PSI benefits.