Physical Sciences Inc., a 100% Employee-Owned company located just north of Boston in Andover, seeks an Optical Engineer with professional experience to support development of emerging optical technologies. The candidate will support optical systems design, construction, and testing needs for illuminators, projectors, integrated spectrometers and/or metasurfaces.
A strong basic understanding of optical system layout and construction is sought. Other desirable skills include:
• Understanding of imaging and nonimaging system performance metrics
• Ability to use optical design software (e.g. Zemax) for system design and analysis
• Lens and optical system measurement (metrology)
• System assembly experience
• Ability to interface optical systems with electronics and imaging algorithms
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in optical or mechanical engineering, physics or equivalent. This opportunity will support technical innovation for a variety of end uses, requiring strong verbal and written communication skills.
US Citizenship is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For a list of company benefits, visit PSI benefits.