Physical Sciences Inc., located just north of Boston in Andover, seeks well-qualified candidates for positions on our research and manufacturing team. This position is intended for an individual who is interested in supporting and leading programs devoted to the development and manufacturing of products that employ active photonic materials. An ideal candidate should be interested in a career devoted to applied research and product development with strong experimental, hardware, and leadership skills, and should be interested in maturing technologies and manufacturing processes from concept to prototype.
We seek both entry level (i.e., recent graduate) and intermediate level (at least 5 to 10 years of experience outside of academia) applicants interested in a dynamic combination of design, laboratory, and field work.
The following technical skills are relevant:
• Wet bench chemical synthesis, including solution (sol-gel) processing of active and passive optical materials, batch and roll-to-roll processing
• Batch processing of nano-particle films and coatings
• Thermal annealing, including oxidation and reduction processes
• Experience in Physical Vapor Deposition, Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD), Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD), lithography, spin-coating, or related technologies
Material characterization and quality control
• Including but not limited to visible and infrared spectroscopy, electron microscopy, x-ray diffraction (XRD)
Manufacturing Product Development
• Assists in the transfer of process technologies and equipment from R&D to production.
• Development and adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Candidates should be highly motivated individuals with a strong desire to expand our team’s existing capabilities. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required as the candidate will participate in program reporting and professional presentations.
Bachelors or Masters in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Applied Physics, Material Science or related field is required.
US Citizenship is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For a list of company benefits, visit PSI benefits.