Physical Sciences Inc., located north of Boston, seeks an engineer with a strong background in research, development, test, and evaluation (RDT&E) of advanced propulsion and energetics systems.
Applicants for this position should have experience researching new components for extreme thermodynamic or chemical environments, addressing challenges with corrosion, temperature limits, geometric limits, strength, and cost. This job opening is in the field of propulsion, with projects for airbreathing and rocket engines that require catalysts, high temperature materials, coatings, additively manufactured materials, novel flow geometries, or other new approaches. Work will be performed primarily at PSI’s propulsion and energetics testing complex in Epping, NH, and occasionally at PSI’s headquarters in Andover, MA.
The individual will play a key role in growing a diverse portfolio of innovative technologies funded by the DoD and NASA. Candidates are expected to contribute to existing programs and should be highly motivated to independently pursue opportunities to develop their own research activities in allied areas.
• Experience designing, building, and operating experiments that involve combustion, high temperature, high pressure, or hazardous chemicals is required
• Hands-on experience is required
• Strong research and written communication skills are required
• Experience with data acquisition, instrumentation, and/or signal conditioning is a plus
• Experience writing proposals or grant applications is a plus
Qualifications: PhD in Aerospace, Mechanical, Materials, or Chemical Engineering is required.
US citizenship is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For a list of company benefits, visit PSI benefits.