Imperia Batteries®, a division of Physical Sciences Inc., is looking for a Principal Engineer/Scientist to support battery development programs for DOD and commercial applications. Candidates are sought to work with the team to develop and commercialize innovative energy storage systems based on advanced commercial and PSI proprietary materials. Candidates must have a detailed understanding of electrochemistry and experience in an R&D environment. Candidates with a good understanding of Li-ion and Li-metal materials and chemistries are encouraged to apply. Previous experience with cell design, modeling and in cell and battery manufacturing environments is highly desirable. Candidates will work onsite at the R&D and Production Facility in Wilmington, MA.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and scale next generation battery component technologies and combine them in novel ways to design and produce next generation cells designs for defense applications.
- Lead battery development programs from technical and programmatic standpoints to deliver high quality energy solutions to DoD.
- Interact with customers to develop engineering specifications based on customer/application requirements.
- Develop and execute test plans to validate cell/battery performance meets customer requirements. Summarize and communicate program progress and key results both internally and externally.
- Support SBIR proposal efforts to find opportunities for development of new technologies and maturation of existing technologies.
- Prepare technical program reports and review presentations.
Candidates should have at minimum a PhD Degree (or Master’s with 5+ years’ experience) in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field. Proven leadership experience, including a record of leading programs focused on developing and demonstrating energy storage systems for DOD applications, are highly valued and encouraged to apply. Candidates should demonstrate an extensive background in experimental design, data collection, and analysis with experience in customer interface. Excellent English written and oral communication skills are required.
US Citizenship is required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For a list of company benefits, visit PSI benefits.