Physical Sciences Inc., a 100% Employee-Owned company, located just north of Boston in Wilmington, seeks an entry-level to mid-level engineer to join the Sensor Systems group in Wilmington, MA. This engineer will play a critical role in the design, development, and production of technology used to keep the US and its allies safe from chemical, biological, and radiological/nuclear threats. A successful candidate will be self-motivated and capable of working both independently and in small, multi-disciplinary teams to rapidly develop and transition new technology to production. He or she would be joining a team of motivated, enthusiastic engineers who enjoy learning new skills and tackling new challenges.
• B.S. (or greater) in mechanical engineering or related field
• Hands-on experience building and testing hardware, including the use of basic hand tools
• Willingness to test and deploy systems in the field, often working with law enforcement customers
• Experience using CAD software (Solidworks preferred) in the design and simulation of parts / assemblies
• Willingness to learn on the job and fulfill multiple roles within the team
• Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and ideas to both technical and non-technical people
• Ability to effectively multi-task (requires good time management and personal organizational skills)
• US citizenship is required
Skills and Experience of Interest:
• Professional experience with product development and manufacturing including lean manufacturing methodology
• Personal or professional experience working on vehicles or machinery
• Personal or professional experience with microcontrollers and embedded electronics
• Personal or professional experience working with plastics including injection molding and/or 3D printing
• Personal or professional experience with CAM software and machine shop practices
• Proficient with one or more programming languages including C, C++, or Python
• Proficient with networking, API integration, Linux, etc.
• Knowledge of electrical wiring including electromechanical components (relays, actuators, etc.)
• Knowledge of PLCs and PLC programming
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For a list of company benefits, visit PSI benefits.