MURS - Mobile Urban Radiation Search
MURS is an advanced mobile radiation detection, identification and source localization system coupled with day/night contextual imaging and inertial navigation subsystems discreetly installed in a 4x4 vehicle. The standard MURS includes a Chevrolet Tahoe SSV and is complete with a low-profile law enforcement package. The detector system consists of six (6) NaI(Tl) scintillators and two 6LiF/ZnS neutron detectors commercially available from Saint-Gobain. The gamma detection module is designed to achieve excellent angular resolution, ~0.5% absolute energy calibration uncertainty and < 0.5% instability. The MURS assembly was designed to meet the MIL-STD-810G Ground Mobile requirements for shock, vibration and impact. The gamma channel meets or exceeds the ANSI N42.43 and/or DNDO Technical Capability Standards (TCS) detection sensitivity requirements at significantly lower operational false alarm rates. The neutron detection channel meets ANSI N42.43-2016 § 6.5 and § 6.7 requirements. The system offers unparalleled urban threat detection, identification and source localization using interactive urban maps.
MURS provides several advanced features and performance advantages:
- Available contextual data for improved environment visualization and threat awareness
- Exceptionally low false alarm rate and stability in complex and variable radiological backgrounds using NORM rejection and clutter suppression
- Highly sensitive, 1 Hz detection, identification and localization via the Poisson Clutter Split (PCS) algorithm
- Absolute geo-location of source position
- Intuitive, replay mode to interact with collected contextual and radiological information
- Ruggedized, operationally quiet detector package
MURS Installations in Chevy Tahoe and Suburban and MURS Component Layout
Request the MURS brochure and technical specifications.
For more information, contact: Cosofret@psicorp.com