Physical Sciences Inc. is seeking a chemical engineer to join a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists driving innovation in the fields of energy, material science, and aerospace and defense. This individual will play a key role in growing a diverse portfolio of technologies funded by the DoD, DoE, and NASA. The applicant will assist with developing and scaling-up materials production from laboratory/batch processes to pilot-scale/continuous processes.
Candidates should have a strong background in reaction kinetics, heat and mass transfer, separations, wet chemistry, and analytical instrumentation. Required skills include:
• Experience with basic lab equipment such as gas bottles, chillers, rotovap, analytical scales, lab scale-mixers, glassware etc.
• Experience with setting up new experimental equipment, design of experiments, and statistical analysis such as ANOVA
• Organize, analyze with Excel, and present (Powerpoint) data and findings of experiments
• Experience with analytical equipment such as SEM, UV-vis, GC-MS, DSC, NMR, FTIR, bomb calorimeter
• Experience with Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
The preferred candidate will also have experience in any of the following:
• LabView and setting up pressure transducers and thermocouples
• Scale-up from laboratory to pilot plant
• Energetic materials (formulation, synthesis, production, characterization)
• Evidence that they have worked on multiple projects simultaneously
Work will be performed at PSI’s testing complex in Epping, NH as well as PSI’s headquarters in Andover, MA.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemical engineering or chemistry is required.
US Citizenship is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For a list of company benefits, visit PSI benefits.