Physical Sciences Inc., located just north of Boston, in Andover, seeks an Applied Physicist/Engineer to contribute to the development of solid-state power sources, cathodes and quantum materials-based devices. PSI seeks candidates that can leverage knowledge across device and materials physics disciplines (optical, electrical, thin film, etc.) along with detailed understanding of underlying physical principles to contribute to the development of novel electron emission devices, energy generation and storage systems and quantum sensing applications.
The ideal candidate should be interested in a career devoted to applied research and development with strong experimental, hardware, and leadership skills. Successful candidates will contribute to existing projects as well as have opportunities to develop new programs in similar or related areas.
PSI seeks candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Solid state/semiconductor electronics
• Thin film growth and characterization
• Solid state chemistry
• Light-matter interactions
• Topological Insulators (and related materials)
• Solid state battery technology
• Laser optics, fiber optics, detectors
• Scientific instrumentation design and assembly
• UHV system construction and maintenance
• Familiarity with at least one of: Python, C/C++, LabView, Matlab
Candidates should have entry level (i.e., new graduate) to intermediate level (at least 5 to 10 years outside of academia) experience. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required, as the candidate will have the opportunity to participate in program reporting, professional presentations and research proposal development.
PhD in Physics, Applied Physics or Electrical Engineering is required (or Masters & equivalent professional experience).
US Citizenship is required.