QPeak Inc., a leading developer of advanced laser systems located in Bedford, MA, seeks to hire a Business Administrator to perform numerous duties requiring considerable judgment, independent analysis, and detailed knowledge of departmental procedures. The applicant must be detailed and multi-task oriented, with excellent communication and organizational skills. Prior experience working in a government contracting environment would be ideal, as would knowledge of Costpoint.
Responsibilities include all aspects of providing general administrative support to our employees in a small company environment. Previous experience as a Business Administrator would be an advantage. Experience with a variety of Microsoft Office and related software (email tools, spreadsheets and databases) commonly used in the course of handling administrative duties is necessary. Ultimately, the Business Administrator should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operations.
• Serve as the point person for business administration
• General Administration
• Shipping and Receiving
• Accounts Payable
• Purchasing (including lease maintenance)
• Government Property Administration
• Inventory Control
• Contract Administration
• Facility Security Officer
• Proven experience as a Business Administrator
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
• Hands on experience with office machines and products
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
• A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
BS/BA degree, 2-4 years of related experience preferred.
US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a security clearance is required.