Physical Sciences Inc., located just north of Boston in Andover, MA., seeks well-qualified candidates for positions on our research team. The ideal candidate should be interested in a career devoted to applied research and development with strong experimental, hardware, and leadership skills. We seek both entry level (i.e., new graduate) and intermediate level (at least 5 to 10 years of experience outside of academia) applicants interested in a dynamic combination of design, laboratory, and field work. Exposure to any of the following skill sets is desired:
• Optical systems involving compact lasers, detectors, and multi-element optical assemblies
• Electromagnetic simulation such FDTD or FEA
• Semiconductor and/or optical material design and processing for fabrication of nano-scale photonic or opto-electric or semiconductor components
• Experience with photonic foundries including simulation, layout, design rule checking, and process design kit (PDK) use and creation for material systems such as silicon, silicon nitride, or group III/V semiconductors
Successful candidates will have the opportunities to contribute to ongoing programs and develop new programs in the following applications and technical areas:
• Optical and RF Metamaterials
• Quantum Information
• Atomic and Quantum Sensors
• Integrated Photonics
Candidates should be highly motivated individuals with a strong desire to develop independent research programs that draw on our team’s existing efforts and capabilities. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required as the candidate will have the opportunity to participate in program reporting and professional presentations.
PhD in Physics, Applied Physics, Optics, or Electrical Engineering required.
US Citizenship is required.